I'm easy on this. I joined a list called British % Irish Poets to discuss British & Irish Poets. In the context of the list, which is mostly, need I repeat, British & Irish, even discussions of USian poets tend to be skewed towrds their interaction with British & Irish Poets.

-----Original Message-----
From: Kent Johnson <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Oct 27, 2016 8:58 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: a question List racism

George Bowering?

Can anyone provide a list of the Kootenay School?

Tony, this is a surprisingly dismissive post from someone like you!

Kent

>>> Jamie McKendrick <[log in to unmask]> 10/27/16 7:39 PM >>>

Tony, you're leaving out Anne Carson and the splendid Karen Solie. Margaret Atwood and Michael Ondaatje, though more famous for their prose, are still known over here as poets.
Jamie