I definitely have a "lit crit" or more precisely "po crit" fetish, mostly in search of new ways to think about poetry, glimmerings of insights from lives spent practicing/considering the art, and pathways towards new (or mostly old) authors/works to appreciate. Bit of autobiography, gossip and rant in the midst doesn't hurt. Would like to see your list, dozen or half, Jamie, if you're up for sharing.

Ricky

On Thu, Oct 27, 2016 at 1:37 PM, Jamie McKendrick <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
A spin-off question from that last, would also cover literary criticism. Here, mostly for non-academic, let's call it semi-amateur, interest, I find myself far more engaged. Writing to someone recently about this, I found I was listing - as essential, formative critical books - some half-dozen. Then after brief reflection the number had doubled. Though it's obviously 'secondary' in its relation to primary texts, I can't help considering literary criticism as an art form in itself.
Jamie