I fail to see the humour in this. It opens with the question “How about this?” in response to the question about the status of poems v songs. He seems to be taking the question seriously enough to be offering an answer. I don’t see the humour in this part of it.

His next statement: “In some times and places people sang poems, in others they didn't”, is a statement of fact, as is “Some poems are more amenable to being sung than others, but sometimes people sang the less amenable ones anyway”. Again I don’t see any humor in this.

The last sentence (“And the Nobel Committee didn't care about any of this, because they weren't awarding a prize for poetry or song”) I can see as humerous.

But even assuming it is humorous, does that deny its truth? Some of the greatest truths are conveyed using satire, for instance.