I’m afraid you’re falling into misrepresentation again—this time misrepresenting your post listing the various discourteous debating tactics you accused me of. That you choose to re-interpret that post, and give it a less accusatory spin, proves the point I made in my previous post to this one, namely, that this is something you do regularly—reinterpreting your various statements, after they have shown to be spurious—or at least hastily drawn.

Again, to misrepresent Mark’s statement as wholly humourous, and not just the latter part of it, could be seen as patronising towards him. I take him at his word, as that is all his statement allows for. You seem to be giving the impression that you know his unstated intentions in making that statement. If you have read his mind, then this would be understandable but otherwise it is presumptuous and can’t be justified by what he wrote, which others here did not find humourous.

But let us get back to the discussion proper, now that you have attempted to derail it and switch the debate onto me. You are free to disengage from it if you feel you have nothing further to contribute.