Keith Richards not slow himself at economics once termed Bob Dylan "the prince of profit" & not far off the Marxist barometer. The enigma must be preserved for the elusive minstrel to keep his image who unlike Sam Beckett in 1969 did not spin. The Beckett spin was in French but akin to "what a catastrophe!!" & of course we all were naive enough to believe the great scribe. I do not recall him going to Oslo to collect his honour but Bob Dylan could turn up?

Cheers

sc

Turn that frown upside down

On Tuesday, 25 October 2016, Kent Johnson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

There is no question the man is a spoiled, egotistic, manipulative genius.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/23/arts/music/bob-dylan-nobel-prize-arrogant-impolite.html? iaction=click&contentCollection=books®ion=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=1

(The comment by Amy King at the end makes me laugh out loud, to be honest.)

>>> Mark Weiss <[log in to unmask]> 10/24/16 5:30 PM >>>
I think we ought to remember context. These guys were turning out plays at an amazing rate, many, like Shakespeare, also working as actors/directors/managers/theater owners. They needed all the help they could give each other. It was a hard way to make a buck. Some, like Marlowe, even took other jobs.