Thanks Robin. Overall I suppose having been ten when Dylan emerged one grew up with him in a listening sense. On the blues I really liked away back then most were by genuine blues singers or bands. Then of course Motown & Atlantic & other labels that issued blues singles & albums. There were four tabloid UK music weeklys then & later an Irish publication called New Spotlight.

I suppose on Bob Dylan I just do not buy the enigma he has created about himself & feel he is being very elusive. Maybe winning the Nobel might change this as very few popular artists have lived in this mode. But the prize is now given & it might reap more details on Dylan. In many decades of observing supermarket magazines Bob Dylan has rarely featured. A remarkable feat for such a major icon given many aspects one could see as space fillers re Dylan.

Blind Willie McTell a wonderful talent indeed well worth listening to & today I listened to Johnny Horton & Booker T & the MGs. On sarcastic remarks I hope I do not teach anyone given it is termed "the lowest form of wit". Only an offer I could not refuse could lure me out of my bunker to some new School of Sarcastic Sounding Off! But I will not head to Sparty Lea to found a new Black Mountain College Robin.

On sounding off it happens but I have been very quiet in recent times as I felt I had nothing much to say. But I enjoy the list & always read the various contributions. Kent has offered a new dynamic to the list & a real zest. All such lists have ups & downs & people come & go. Bobby Gentry rarely remembered but a lot of recording since her lovely "Ode to Billy Joe".

Best wishes Robin

sc

Turn that frown upside down