Hi, Jamie,

My druthers for (an) art form extraordinaire would be theatre, and one of my reasons is that potentially it can embrace most other art forms (let me not have to count the ways); but, then, I'm a playwright . . . so...

Further, if I had to narrow the art forms to the two we're chattering about --  and had to rank them -- 'twould be tough to oust a favoured symphonic piece (but I'd do it) for a favoured poem -- the poem which, I strongly insist, is not only 1) where 'silent' music resides, but 2) where the head as well as the heart move and change.  There, done and dusted....for that little test.

IF a magnificent symphonic piece were wed to a Mary Sidney-poetry bit, well, then, made and saved in heaven.  Odds of that happening?  Nearly impossible.  OK, impossible.  But we (can) all enjoy the 'half-haps' and 'less than half-haps' of infinite choices available to us.

BTW, poetry/music short-shot merges would qualify as mind-and-heart-benders for me, as well.  I'd love, for example, to hear a sung and/or instrument-accompanied piece of these two lines from poet Peter Sirr ("Desire"):  "On an endless, meandering train,/ the soul puts down its books, fluent again."

Judy warmed up with new respect for poets and songwriter/"musicianers" (as bluesman Cadillac Baby, from Chicago, used to call them)