Well, you're entitled to abandon the enquiry David, but I believe the distinctions are still operative and for that reason thought it worth trying to articulate them. I don't think the differences are merely semantic, though of course the terms can cause confusion - I can straightaway think, for example, of five distinct usages of the word 'lyric'. For it to be worthwhile you'd (one would) have to have an interest in the way song does and doesn't operate in poems.
Jamie

Sent from my iPad