On 20 Oct 2016, at 23:00, David Bircumshaw wrote:
I haven't had the fortune to encounter the very good some of it though. What comes across to me is a poetry which carries the marks of contemporary middle-class British English: its flatness, its evasion, its restriction, its muffle utter; while over the road the performance inclined seem to inhabit a sound world engendered by the spirit of John Hegley upon the Waters of the Estuary.

Oh no, there much better and stronger than that, there's an actual or almost working-class poetic, not exactly chavs but including such as retired schoolteachers who support Corbyn of which there seem to be a lot around here, and there are people like Kim Moore, absolutely unmuffled and out straight.

I'll say something about this tomorrow maybe. Having just got through half of my Cretan CDs with a bottle of red encourages me to not expound or tabulate anything on earth.