Never thought of that, Tim.

There was an internet rumour a few years ago that Peter O'Toole was also a "Faul". He was apparently "replaced" in 1965 with the guy who "stood in" for him up until his death. I pointed out on a forum that claimed this that it can't be true as they both had the same earlobes and fingers. I also pointed out that they both had the same OTT acting style--which is probably even more difficult to achieve than cloning him would be. Why the powers that be would replace O'Toole is beyond me.

Don't get me wrong, I like O'Toole despite this. And his OTT performances in Lawrence of Arabia, The Night of the Generals and The Lion in Winter are great to watch.

Peter Wyngarde had a similar acting style and vocal delivery to O'Toole, which makes me think that O'Toole was influenced by either him or Joseph Wiseman's portrayal of Dr No--both actors had established careers before O'Toole was on the scene.