The worker-class status supplies material in experience and sometimes
language which can be availed or not, and is easily transgressed.

But I don't see the point of supplying a list of names which will lead
you and others here to poems you probably won't like. And anyway none
of them are necessarily thus and thus at all times, nor are most other
poets.  People will also be put off by the way some of them have been
taken up by the "industry" and taken to large-scale prize-winning,
being in-demand, and generally making a successful career out of
poetry, a weird and unholy notion to most poets. Also pursuing
identity agendas very hotly.

It's just a hope I glimpse on the ground, maybe a ghost or some
washing flapping in the wind on the outskirts of Rochdale. But there
have been strong poems as well as truly funny poems.

Andrew MacMillan, Kim Moore, Steve Ely. That's enough.  I have
reviewed two of these in the Fortnightly Review but people here seem
not to read those things  (there was a lot about "lyric" in a recent
review of Denise Riley which might have helped reduce some of the head-
scratching).  Next I want to investigate Keith Hutson, who writes
sonnets about northern comedians, I believe.

pr