As a youngish poet (37), I'm certainly interested in
British/Irish/Australian poetry, poetry in translation, and in publishing
in the greater English-speaking world (I regularly submit to a handful in
the UK). I've always thought wide reading was crucial, and have of late
been exploring young British poets and journals, and finding them much more
playful and lighthearted than their American counterparts. I do sense some
level of unconcern among my peers, but part of that is due to the sheer
volume of American output--keeping up with a twentieth of it feels beyond
impossible.

Actually, now that I think of it, most of my recent British youth reading
has been English-centric, would appreciate any Scottish/Welsh/Irish
recommendations that come to mind--youth here being defined as say 45 and
under.