Hi Danny

Changing the password in Blackboard used to work (we used this a lot
when I worked at Newcastle University). We changed it after 30
minutes, and if a student logged out, they had to enter the new
password to get back in. I don't know if something has changed in
Blackboard so that this doesn't work any more?

I think Newcastle have also gone down the Respondus lockdown route
now. I was under the impression the driver for the change there was to
make it easier to manage locking the computers down, rather than for
the password functionality.

Best wishes

Mike

--
Technology Enhanced Learning Team Manager
Academic Registry,  University of Bristol

A top 5 UK university with leading employers (2015)
A top 5 UK university for research (2014 REF)
A world top 40 university (QS Ranking 2015)