Hello all!

As some of you already know I have been working on an exhibition called The Fatherhood Project, a photographic project that will explore the relationships that Black British fathers have with their children, dispelling the concept of the absent Black father.

By documenting the moments of intimacy, love, fun, affection and difficulty that go hand in hand with family life the project will celebrate positive notions of Black masculinity while providing a forum for people to discuss the current issues surrounding Black fatherhood.

The exciting part is that Southbank Centre will be hosting a taster pop up exhibition for the project at the Royal Festival Hall during their 'Being a Man' festival from 25th - 27th November 2016. But I need all of your help to make it happen!

If you have, are, or know of any black fathers/grandfathers that would like to be featured in the taster exhibition please ask them to send submission photos of themselves with their children/grandchildren and a small bio about what being a father means to them to:

The only criteria for submissions is that they must be part of the Black community living in the UK and a father.

I would love this taster exhibition to represent as many different types of Black fathers as possible (old, young, gay, straight, queer, transgender...etc) as this is a project about celebration and true representation.

Please feel free to forward this on to anyone who may be interested as if the pop up project is a success Arts Council England will not be able to keep on rejecting my funding applications!

Thanks in advance for your help!

Shasti

Shasti Lowton

PMSA – India Season