Dear Colleagues and Friends,

I wanted to make you aware of a podcast series I have curated titled “Black, Brilliant and Book Smart”. The first series is comprised of four episodes, and features three Black British women navigating their way through academia. We discuss our research areas, challenges, and life beyond the books. We also address issues of finding balance, exerting sexual autonomy in academic and public space, and so much more.

The purpose of this series is to strengthen the connection between Black communities and Black academics by demystifying academia, and presenting subjects of interest in a relatable way. I am confident that you will find much resonance. There are a number of moments of unprompted joy and true vulnerability throughout the recordings.

You can listen to the podcasts here: https://soundcloud.com/leonanicholeblack/sets/black-brilliant-and-book-smart

Please listen and share amongst your networks. We value your support.

With much Black Love,

Leona Satchell-Samuels
Doctoral Researcher (Black Digital Diasporas)
Centre for Ethnicity and Racism Studies
University of Leeds | LS2 9JT

Website: http://NicholeBlack.com
Twitter: @LeonaNBlack