Archive cataloguer
5 months, fixed term contract.
Salary: £25,000 per annum

The Royal Society is the independent scientific academy in the UK and the Commonwealth and our aim is to recognise, promote and support excellence in science, and to encourage the development and use of science for the benefit of humanity.

The Royal Society is the oldest scientific academy in continuous existence. The Society owns some of the world’s most important collections relating to history of science, including organisational archives and manuscripts of its Fellows.

We wish to recruit an Archive Cataloguer to compile database descriptions of these key resources and to assist in rare materials reader services. Applicants should be accurate workers with good database skills and knowledge of archive standards for cataloguing. They must be able to interact with public and academic researchers.

In return, we offer flexible working arrangements and a comprehensive package of benefits including:

•	30 days’ holiday (plus three nominated days)
•	Generous pension provision
•	Interest-free season ticket loan
•	Subsidised medical and dental insurance
•	Onsite restaurant
•	Employee Assistance Programme

To apply, please follow the link to the Royal Society application portal https://recruit.royalsociety.org/; select the relevant position and submit a CV and application letter.

Please include your current and expected salary.

Closing date for applications is Monday 31 October.

Kind regards,

Laura Outterside

Modern records archivist, the Royal Society