From: Therapeutic Communities <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Harriet Barratt Dorling <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 5:44:23 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [EFTC] Hello

Dear all,

I hope you're all well. I've just joined the JISC mailing list and on Rowdy Yates's suggestion thought it would be good to introduce myself (many thanks to Rowdy for the nice welcome message).

I'm currently researching how twentieth-century writers represent our relationship to material objects (medical devices, domestic possessions etc) in illness, particularly mental illness. As part of this, I'm undertaking a research placement with the Science Museum's medical team, who hold most of the Wellcome Collection. Part of my role there is to identify interesting objects both inside and outside of their collections which are relevant to the history of therapeutic communities and talking therapies - if anyone has any ideas please do let me know!

Hope to come across some of you at relevant events.

Very best,
Harriet

Harriet Barratt Dorling
PhD candidate, School of English, University of Sussex

Phone: 07968 454911
Twitter: @harrietmb