Gesendet: Donnerstag, 29. September 2016 um 12:47 Uhr
Von: "Rowdy Yates" <[log in to unmask]>
An: [log in to unmask]
Betreff: [EFTC] Eric Broekaert

Colleagues and Family

An incredibly sad day yesterday when we received the news that our old friend, colleague and mentor had passed away in hospital in Rome. Eric was taken ill during the EWODOR symposium and sadly never recovered. He will be hugely missed by his wife Kathie and his family and by his many, many friends, colleagues and students all over the world. Eric was a lifelong protagonist for the therapeutic community movement. He created De Keim, one of Europe's first TCs while he was still a PhD student. He was the driving force behind the creation of the EFTC and was subsequently its first President. He never lost his passion and commitment to a movement which he saw as the very core of humanity. A man of Falstaffian proportions with a Rabelaisian taste for beer and rollicking company we will miss him greatly and honour his contribution for many, many years. This from Ewan MacColl's "Joy of Living":

Farewell to you, my chicks, soon you must fly alone
Flesh of my flesh, my future life, bone of my bone
May your wings be strong may your days be long safe be your journey
Each of you bears inside of you the gift of love
May it bring you light and warmth and the pleasure of giving
Eagerly savour each new day and the taste of its mouth
Never lose sight of the thrill and the joy of living

A small selection of photographs are available on the EFTC Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/euroTCs​) and a full obituary and memorial page will be created on the EFTC website soon.

Rowdy Yates
President
European Federation of Therapeutic Communities

T: +44 (0) 1764-683-385
M: +44 (0) 7734-255253
W: http://www.eftc-europe.com/
W: https://www.facebook.com/euroTCs

The University achieved an overall 5 stars in the QS World University Rankings 2015
The University of Stirling is a charity registered in Scotland, number SC 011159.