I don't think you are understanding me. I'm saying the WCS might be right even though the number of pixels are different.

First, go to the unresampled image and put your cursor on some recognizable object. Now go to the same place in the resampled image and compare WCS. Ideally you would also find the same feature on the reference image and look at the WCS but the difference in wavelengths might make that hard.

Also, you can do WCS sectioning in NDFs so you might be better off taking an NDF section of both the reference image and resampled image and comparing those. That would ensure that they have the same pixel counts with each pixel having the same WCS. Look in the KAPPA (SUN/95) manual for details on WCS sectioning.

It's been a while since I've done all this so Malcolm or David might have better ideas (but the UK time zone is against us).

--
Tim Jenness