*Apologies for cross-posting**

The Sport and Body Cultures research group (SBC) at Canterbury Christ Church University is a forum for researchers with a shared interest in the socio-cultural aspects of movement and body cultures in sport, physical activity and dance. We will be hosting our first one day symposium to explore the theoretical, applied and methodological possibilities for embodied research in sport and movement cultures (please see attachment for more information).

We are pleased to confirm that the following established scholars on embodiment and movement cultures will be presenting keynote sessions throughout the day: Professor Kath Woodward, Professor Andrew C. Sparkes, and Professor Jacquelyn Allen-Collinson.

We call for contributions, including, but not limited to, the following areas for discussion:

- Theorising embodied research

- Applied embodied research

- ‘Doing’ embodied research

Deadline for submission of abstracts is Friday 9th September 2016.