The Brain and Consciousness Research Centre at Taipei Medical University is currently recruiting post-doctoral fellows and junior faculty (tenure track).

Our centre conducts inter-disciplinary research into the contents and levels of consciousness and the brain processes that underlie these. To do this we use a combination of neuroimaging (MRI, EEG, and PET) and brain stimulation (TMS, tDCS, and tACS). In addition, the centre works in close collaboration with the neurology and psychiatry departments of our affiliated hospitals, giving access to patients who experience altered states of consciousness (such as vegetative state or schizophrenia). We are looking for people who can exploit these multi-modal research facilities in order to further our insight into the brain and consciousness, as well as into the causes and treatment of pathological alterations in consciousness content or level.

Examples of experience or skills that would be desirable in candidates are:
- computational modelling
- neuroimaging experience (fMRI, EEG, or PET), especially multi-modal imaging
- brain stimulation experience (TMS, tDCS, or tACS)
- a background in the scientific study of the self and consciousness
- experience of research with psychiatric patients
- experience of research with patients with disorders of consciousness
- programming competence in, for example, MATLAB, Python, R, etc.
- cross-disciplinary research experience in, e.g., neuroscience and philosophy or anthropology

We are based in the centre of the fast-moving but welcoming city of Taipei where you would be joining a growing team of researchers from around the world. The University can offer an internationally competitive salary and other benefits. To apply please send a current CV along with a letter detailing the reasons for interest in the position and a brief overview of your current and planned research directions to Niall Duncan ([log in to unmask]). See http://consciousbrain.tmu.edu.tw/index.php for more information about the centre.