Dear CAT12 users,
I would like to measure cortical thickness of pre-supplementary motor cortex (pre-SMA), Globus pallid us internal and striatum.

I have some questions about the process.

1) After using the Estimate mean values inside ROI function, I get my output cvs files for every single subject.   From what I understand, these are estimate of the mean grey matter volume in the ROI in various SPM atlases. However, the values are different for the same individual area. For example for r-caudate nucleus ROI_Hammers_Vgm and Lpba40_Vgm are different from eachother. What is the criteria to choose the correct atlas for my DATA.

2) What is the unit of measure of this estimate? mm3 or something else? May I use these values without adjusting some covariate like total grey matter.

3)When I follow the instructions on CAT12 manual the atlases that I reached does not contain ROI for pre-SMA. However, I found a SPM atlas named AAL atlas on SPM tools that labeled pre-SMA. May I use AAL tool for measuring cortical thickness of SMA with CAT12? If it is possible would you please give me the instructions to do it?

Best regards
Dr. Aslıhan Onay