Hello Fiona,

I do not think it is coming from spm12 but from the change since
Matlab2014b (?) which can produce low-level graphics issues. I have not
the exact fix for you but you can try:

- Quick and dirty: change the values by hand in the art.m file (see
after the line % Default values for outliers,  e.g. z_thresh,
mvmt_thresh, etc. parameters).

- Slow but better !:
https://fr.mathworks.com/help/matlab/creating_plots/resolving-low-level-graphics-issues.html
https://fr.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/answers/157894-resolving-low-level-graphics-issues-in-matlab-r2014b