On behalf of RAISE and the editorial team, we are pleased to announce the publication of the first edition of the RAISE Journal: the Student Engagement in Higher Education Journal

The contents of the first edition (titles appended below) is available at:
https://journals.gre.ac.uk/index.php/raise/index

And you can find all about how to submit articles at http://www.raise-network.com/journal/ or the journal website (previous link)

The call for submissions to the 2nd and subsequent editions is now open.
In the spirit of RAISE, we particularly welcome submissions from new authors, particularly students and we accept a wide range of types of submission. Note the Developmental Route to less experienced authors that we offer.

We also welcome applications for other roles with the journal:
*       Reviewers - induction and training will be offered
*       Associate Editors- who will work with one of the Senior Editors to support the work of the journal.
*       Mentors- those with experience of academic publishing and with expertise of the field of student engagement, who will assist inexperienced authors to develop the full potential of their ideas for publication.
Those interested in one or more of these roles should indicate that by emailing the editors<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

We hope you enjoy the contents and we welcome your involvement.

SEHEJ Editorial Team
(Colin Bryson is a Senior Editor)

Vol 1 Issue 1 Sept 2016

Editorial - Welcome to the RAISE Journal
Colin Bryson and Claire Hamshire
Articles
An answer from research to the Teaching Excellence Framework - student engagement and graduate engagement to evidence legacy.
Deena Ingham
The salience of social relationships and networks in enabling student engagement and success.
Christine Hardy and Colin Bryson
Case Studies from Practice
Using public engagement to enhance student engagement: An example from History
Chris Corker and Sarah Holland
The place for student community engagement in the curriculum
Dawn Smith
Faculty Student Engagement Officers: Working in Partnership
Wendy Garner, Becky Lees, Matthew Fletcher, Samuel Yates, Rajan Bhatti and Sarah-Louise Mason
Embedding equality in staff student research partnerships - co creating an academic writing tool.
Sue Becker, Holly Shahverdi, Nadine Spence, Luke Kennedy and Georgie Rayment
UCL ChangeMakers: Supporting staff/student partnerships on educational enhancement projects
Jenny Marie, Mahmoud Arif and Tejas Joshi
Student Voice
From disengaged to super engaged: my student journey
Laura Callaghan
From Fresher to Fresh Perspective
Georgia Horsley
Opinion Pieces
Turning down the volume control on student voice in order to enhance student engagement
John Lea
Students as Partners as the Future of Student Engagement
Kelly Matthews
Raised Voices: from student engagement to political engagement
Mike Neary
Moving from the fringe to the mainstream: student engagement through partnership
Abbi Flint
Special Section on Assessment and Student Engagement
Leading article
Assessment and feedback in higher education: considerable room for improvement?
Kay Sambell
Case Studies from Practice
TESTA Plus: More ways to involve undergraduates in assessment and feedback design
Fiona Handley and Juilet Eve
Promoting the digital literacy of undergraduate historians using digitised historic newspapers
Roger Hawkins
Using innovative assessment to enhance student engagement and develop critical thinking skills: the case of The Big Debate
Hilary Wason and Jane Southall
Freeing the hoop jumpers: Eportfolio assessment to raise learner engagement on PgCert HE programmes
Joy Robbins and John Dermo
Creating an Assessment and Feedback Strategy for Problem Based Learning Chemistry Courses
Dylan Williams
Using audio feedback with distance learning students to enhance their learning on a Postgraduate Certificate in Higher Education programme
Agi Ryder and Carole Davis