From: Research Data Management discussion list <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of DONNELLY Martin <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Thursday, 1 September 2016 11:09
To: "[log in to unmask]" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: RDM "Data Champions"

Hi Nicola, all

I believe SPARC Europe are planning to replicate this approach for data. Vanessa Proudman mentioned this in her presentations about the OA Champions initiative at last month’s Repository Fringe event in Edinburgh, and at the LIBER conference in Helsinki (see slides at http://liber2016.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/8-3_Proudman_Open_Access_Depends_on_Us_Professors.pdf) earlier in the summer.

I don’t think Vanessa is on this list, so I’ve copied her in so her ears don’t burn :) I’m sure she’d be very happy to gather a list of interested names to help take this forward collectively. It’s an approach that we at the DCC have long encouraged via our institutional engagement activities.

Best wishes

Martin

--

Martin Donnelly