Sent: 13 September 2016 09:50
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Retention period - annual leave sheets

Hi,

What is the practice of others when it comes to annual leave sheets? We want to retain them in the event of a claim for unlawful deductions of payment so we have evidence that the leave was taken. Currently we retain for 6 years after the end of employment, unless held separately from the personnel file, then 6 years after the year leave taken.

It is possible to bring civil case up to 5 years (6 in England & Wales) after the last incorrect payment but this strikes me as very risk averse when only 5 days can be carried forward. Would one or two years not suffice? (For those with enhanced disclosure we keep it longer, but that is for evidence in the event of a future claim of abuse or serious misbehaviour).

Is there a general consensus on how long to keep annual leave sheets?

Thanks,

George Vickers
Orkney islands Council

To view the list archives go to: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.jiscmail.ac.uk_cgi-2Dbin_webadmin-3FA0-3DRECORDS-2DMANAGEMENT-2DUK&d=CwIFaQ&c=HmJinpA0me9MkKQ19xEDwK7irBsCvGfF6AWwfMZqono&r=hlY7XvDzlutScMUZv2FUgUm4xx54yhiT-WkOL-6WAlCnQYGc753dWS-_FLPxw8dm&m=vUCUU_9EHE5tYyjH1m-2pdKy02tz3t5UCZn8FZO6jj4&s=dkkOMl3sFuJsnVN80I3p98xsoJfZI7IlYUjnIFnLvl4&e=

For any technical queries re JISC please email [log in to unmask] For any content based queries, please email [log in to unmask]

Please help to reduce waste and do not print this message unless you really need to.
This message, including any attached files, is intended just for the use of the individual or organisation to whom it is addressed. Any opinions expressed are those of the sender, not Merton Council. Email is not secure, and the council accepts no responsibility for any inaccuracy, corruption or virus which has occurred during transmission.
This  email may be subject to monitoring in accordance with relevant legislation and may be disclosed in response to a request under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.
The message may contain information that is confidential or sensitive; you should handle it accordingly.
If you have received this email message in error, you must not copy, disclose or make any further use of the information contained within it. Please notify the system manager ([log in to unmask]) or the Head of Information Governance ([log in to unmask]), and delete the message.

http://www.merton.gov.uk