Hi Ali,

Nice to see you on here!

I would contact the local authorities you are working with too, namely the
education officers. Some of the councils I've worked with have paid for
supply cover for teachers. Even if they can't help fund the activities,
they might have other suggestions as they know the schools and the area
inside out.

Feel free to email me in person if you'd like to chat about this more.

Cheers,
Barbara

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 1:26 PM, Ali Floyd <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Hey all,
>
> thanks again for some really interesting ideas!
>
> Staff cover seems to be a big rate-limiting factor for many - I half
> wonder if giving schools bursaries towards that and transport might be
> something that could be separately fundable...?  How we work with
> individual schools is also something interesting to look at.  We see 60,000
> pupils a year and have around 0.5FTE of an administrator who deals with
> that, so we know there are challenges there.
>
> I love a bit of outreach too, but it's not necessarily my first choice for
> us as we have rather a lovely museum here with some unique objects - I'm
> not going to be allowed to take Dolly the sheep on the road, sadly.  We've
> also just had a £14 million refit which we're really quite proud of
> (honestly, our building is one of the most stunning spaces in Scotland,
> possibly the UK...it's pretty nice), so we want to let as many people as
> possible experience the new galleries.  Cost is also a factor - I can see a
> vast number of pupils here for what a touring product costs.  Still, a
> combination of both might be interesting - perhaps a short pre-visit to
> soften them up before the big day?
>
> :)

> subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages
> (ignoring text in brackets)
>
> • signoff psci-com (to leave the list)
> • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday)
> • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages)
>
> Contact list owner at [log in to unmask]
> Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy
> https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print

psci-com how-to:
Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send reqests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask]

• signoff psci-com (to leave the list)