Hi PSCI-COM List Members

I am one of the co-organisers of Ireland’s largest science communication conference SCI:COMie @scicomie. The theme for the 2016 conference is ‘Let’s not go there…..difficult conversations in Science Communication’. Our 2016 website will be up shortly (2015 site - http://scicom2015.com/speakers/).

We are looking for a speaker who has publicly questioned the value of science communication. Someone who is vocal about investing time in public engagement while workloads in research and teaching are increasing AND / OR who questions value and impact of science communication.

There is no point in scientists trying to talk to the public--it does more harm than good - belief of Wilhelm Röntgen, discoverer of x-rays. Was he right?

Maybe the hive-mind could suggest a few names?

Great to join PSCI-COM conversation.

Best

Alex

Alexandra Boyd, Project Manager