Nice, Doug. But if you had ever seen Max with dogs, you would know, they
walked him. Funny, how much his life was dominated by dogs but you wouldn't
have said he was a 'dog person' in the way that some people naturally are
or seem to be. So it fits your poem to say the walk would be 'slow and
rhythmic' but my memory is of labs jerking him along. Not that they didn't
love him of course.

Bill