Good Morning

I think the question is "does the person have an underlying medical condition??" It seems that this is a work place issue and the persons perception as nothing is proved as yet. Personally I would push back to management advising that he has no underlying medical condition preventing a return to work however he is unlikely to return to the specific role until perceived or real issues have been resolved. It will be for the management to decide if they can facilitate him in an alternative role and to determine if his perceptions are real and can be addressed. The person clearly seems fit for work as flourished in other areas.?