Hi,

We are pleased to announce the new 0.13 release of MNE-Python. As usual this release comes with new features, many improvements to usability, visualization and documentation and bug fixes.

A couple of major API changes are being implemented, so we recommend that users read through the changes carefully.

Support for Python 2.6 has been dropped, and the minimum supported dependencies are now NumPy 1.8, SciPy 0.12, and Matplotlib 1.3.

A few highlights

============

Our filtering functionality has been significantly improved:

We extended and tuned our visualization functionality:

We refactored and extended our multvariate statistical analysis functionality and made it more compatible with scikit-klearn:

And as always many more good things:

Notable API changes

================

For a full list of improvements and API changes, see:

http://martinos.org/mne/stable/whats_new.html#version-0-13

To install the latest release the following command should do the job:

pip install --upgrade --user mne

As usual we welcome your bug reports, feature requests, critiques and

contributions.

Some links:

- https://github.com/mne-tools/mne-python (code + readme on how to install)

- http://martinos.org/mne/stable/ (full MNE documentation)

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/mne_python

Regards,

The MNE-Python developers

People who contributed to this release  (in alphabetical order):

   * Alexander Rudiuk

   * Alexandre Barachant

   * Alexandre Gramfort

   * Asish Panda