OPEN INVITATION:
Centre for Feminist Research, Goldsmiths, University of London.

We are delighted to announce the first event of the Centre this year on Thursday 6 October at 6pm in PSH LG01 with a lecture by our first alumni professor to the centre, Prof Valerie Walkerdine. Please join us for the lecture and a reception to follow. Full programme for this term in outlined below. All welcome!

Thursday 6th October, 6:00-7:00pm with wine reception to follow, PSH LG01
Opening Lecture: Professor Valerie Walkerdine, Distinguided Research Professor in the School of Social Sciences, Cardiff university
Title: Of dinosaurs and divas: Is class still relevant to feminist research?

Thursday 13th October, 5:00-6:30pm, MRB (Media Research Building) Screen 1
Muhammad Ali and Me - Mojisola Adebayo's 'Afri-Quia' Theatre

Mojisola will close with performing an extract of Muhammad Ali and Me. There will be an opportunity to purchase reduced price tickets for the full stage production at The Albany, London after the talk on 13th October, exclusively for people attending this event.

Friday 14th October, 1:15-6:00pm, PSH LG01
Gender and Creative Economy: Networking and Learning Support

This event is co-hosted by our EU funded project SMARTJUMP based at AREA PROGETTI, Venice Region Italy with the Goldsmiths Centre for Feminist Research. The Goldsmiths team is Angela McRobbie (PI) Sian Prime ICCE, and Dr Dan Strutt.

Thursday 24 November, 5:30-7:00pm in RHB 137a with wine reception to follow
Neoliberal Feminism
Dr Catherine Rottenberg (Marie Curie researcher in the Department of Sociology)

The Centre for Feminist Research at Goldsmiths builds upon the feminist work that has profoundly shaped the institution. It provides an open and inclusive space for feminist discussion and dialogue that foregrounds equality and diversity and encourages all members to take an intersectional approach.

We hope to see you at some of our events this year.

Warm wishes,

Professor Lisa Blackman, Goldsmiths, University of London
Co-Head of Department, Media and Communications