Hi everyone

We're looking into how content typically moves into a new website - with
the aim of building some tools to help this process.

Typically, when we work with clients on a new site, we use a range of bits
of software to help collaborate as content is provided, edited and then
signed off. For the most part though we find it basically boils down to:

> A shared Dropbox folder containing sub-folders which roughly match the
site structure
> A Word template document in each folder which the client then fills with
content
> A lot of copying and pasting into the site CMS (for us, almost always
WordPress)

I have looked at tools like gathercontent.com but it seems overly heavy -
and expensive. We've also built some simple plugins which we use internally
to keep track of content provision.

But - what are your experiences, tools, approaches? What do you love / hate
about the process of either providing content (if you're a "client") or
receiving (if you're an "agency")?

Would love to hear from you on or off-list - and happy to compile responses
to send back to the list if I get a range of replies..

Thanks lots

Mike

--

Mike Ellis