Dear colleagues,

We are reviewing our eTOCs service here at Aubrey Keep Library.

At the moment, we subscribe to eTOCs via our generic library email address and send out eTOCs via Outlook email distribution lists for about 200 titles. Some of these are part of our subscriptions and some are not, so before we forward we have to check a spreadsheet to ensure we forward it with the correct access information. We also keep a backup of the distribution lists in the same spreadsheet.

I am certain that there must be a more efficient way of managing our eTOCs, but the only improvement I can think of is to get rules set up in our library inbox so that the TOCs go into different folders depending on whether we have full text access or not. There is also the added issue that this may change depending on us acquiring new subscriptions or cancelling existing ones, and that therefore a manual review of the spreadsheet at regular intervals is necessary, and that not all organisations we serve are subscribed to the same titles.

So I am interested to hear how other libraries manage their eTOCs and what solutions you have found to deal with the above issues.

Regards,

Lisa Burscheidt M.A. MALIS MCLIP

Assistant Librarian

Aubrey Keep Library

NELFT

Portakabin next to Trust Head Office, Goodmayes Hospital, 157 Barley Lane, Goodmayes, Ilford, Essex, IG3 8XJ

Tel:  0300 555 1200 Ext 64506

Email: [log in to unmask]

Email:  [log in to unmask]

www.nelft.nhs.uk

Best care by the best people

Resource of the Month for September: DynaMed Plus

DynaMed Plus is an evidence-based point-of-care tool designed to give you fast access to current information on conditions and treatment options across all specialties at your fingertips.

Click the button to try it now! [NELFT NHS OpenAthens login required]

Product_Button_DMP_100px

Find out about Aubrey Keep Library resources and services at http://www.nelft.nhs.uk/library

This email and any attachments are or may be confidential and legally privileged and are sent solely for the attention of the addressee(s). If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system: its use, disclosure or copying is unauthorised. Statements and opinions expressed in this email may not represent those of NELFT. Any representations or commitments in this email are subject to contract.

NELFT NHS Foundation Trust