From: UK medical/ health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Katie Barnard
Sent: 26 September 2016 10:32
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Where to publish Quality Improvement work

Dear All,

We have had a query from our Trust's Quality Improvement team that we're a bit stuck on:

An orthopaedic surgeon at our Trust would like to publish a paper about a quality improvement project his team has been involved in. He has asked for recommendations about where he might be able to publish this Q.I. report. He has investigated BMJ Quality Improvement Reports, but baulked at the £450 publication fee.

Does anyone have any suggestions for appropriate journals, or strategies for identifying possible journals of interest? Any help would be much appreciated!

Many thanks,

Katie

Katie Barnard
Clinical Librarian

(011741)47973
The Library
1st Floor, Learning and Research
Southmead Hospital
Westbury-on-Trym
Bristol
BS10 5NB

DISCLAIMER: The information in this message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful. Please immediately contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.  ­­

The information contained in this e-mail may be subject to public disclosure
under the NHS Code of Openness or the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Unless
the information is legally exempt from disclosure, the confidentiality of
this e-mail and your reply cannot be guaranteed.
If you are not the intended recipient please accept my apologies.
Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.
presence of computer viruses.

For further information on West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust visit our
website: http://www.westhertshospitals.nhs.uk