Hello - if anyone knows of a reference management tool that's sophisticated enough to do the following, I'd very grateful if you could contact me?!:

One of our students would like to remove duplicate references from a specific 'sub-group' of references that she's created in EndNote, without simultaneously removing those same duplicate references where they exist in another sub-group.  There are workarounds for this in both the Online/Basic and Desktop versions (which involve checking each individual record) but I was wondering whether anyone knows of a more direct option?

Ultimately, the student would like also to be able to identify the number of references in each of her sub-groups, both with and without duplicates - simultaneous removal of references from across multiple groups would make this very difficult.

Any advice much appreciated!

Best regards,
Peter Bradley
Subject Librarian for Health and Social & Policy Sciences