Hi Montserrat

Like lots of other cloud services (OneDrive, iCloud, etc), Alma offers a dedicated digital object store, but the value of EPrints (in particular) lies in the tools that are specifically provided for working in UK OA IR context - managing workflow, deposit, licensing, embargoes, citations, versioning, metadata profiles, harvesting, etc. Building these reliably onto any other digital store is always possible, but likely to be a costly and time-consuming customisation process.

Nick Sheppard’s recent post on the UKCORR blog is a useful summary of current practice/thinking on this.  http://ukcorr.org/2015/11/27/cris-and-retirement-of-repositories/

Regards

Richard

Liverpool John Moores University

Richard M. Davis BA(Hons) MSc PgDip MBCS CMALT
Head of Collections and Digital Strategy, Library Services
Aquinas Building, Maryland Street, Liverpool, L1 9DE