IMLR (London): Institute of Ideas Book Club

Venue: Room 234, Second Floor, Senate House, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HU

Date: 14/09/2016, 19:00 - 21:00

http://www.sas.ac.uk/support-research/public-events/2016/institute-ideas-book-club-0

Elisabetta Gasparoni will introduce My Brilliant Friend by Elena Ferrante.

A modern masterpiece from one of Italy's most acclaimed authors, My Brilliant Friend is a rich, intense and generous hearted story about two friends, Elena and Lila. Ferrante's inimitable style lends itself perfectly to a meticulous portrait of these two women that is also the story of a nation and a touching meditation on the nature of friendship. Through the lives of these two women, Ferrante tells the story of a neighbourhood, a city and a country as it is transformed in ways that, in turn, also transform the relationship between her two protagonists.

FREE EVENT. NO BOOKING REQUIRED.

For additional information please contact [log in to unmask].

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies