Thank you for this thoughtful piece. It is useful and more or such are really needed.
I was disappointed not to see more than one bit from a woman particularly since, here in Canada, so many of the key leaders are women. Naomi Klein, author of This Changes Everything, Elizabeth May, leader of the Green Party, Maude Barlow of the Council of Canadians; our federal Environmental Auditor, Julie Gelfand.
Despite that reservation, I will forward it to a few organizations on whose board I sit: 1) the Group of 78 who just last night held a local debate between Avi Lewis and T Homer Dixon on the LEAP manifesto; 2) Learning for a Sustainable Future which develops lessons for schools in all ages and subjects nationally and is a leader on International Sustainability Education with ECOSOC; 3) the Ottawa Renewable Energy Coop which is an excellent example of the new society. AND Also to 4) Nature Canada which has set up Women for Nature a group from all walks of life which includes many prominent Canadians including the current and former First Ladies and our current Minister of Environment and, 5) the Unitarian Church Environment and UN Committees; as well as 6) Ecology Ottawa - grass roots advocates.
I am wondering if a paper on the various factors and actors nationally and locally in the Canadian national capital might be interesting to the GNHR?
I am very aware that my two masters degrees (Environmental Studies and International Environmental Law do not add up to a PhD but then I have always worked at the interface or Praxis.
Yours truly,
Susan Tanner

Sent from my iPhone