Dear Howard

I’ve heard double negatives in the south ('Ja mei, machts ka Faxn ned, Kinners!’) but I don’t know how widespread it is elsewhere. I think you’re right that reproducing the double negative would have the wrong connotations in English, so I suppose just find a stylistically appropriate intensifier… Is it a deliberate colloquialism?

Pete