Hi Mike,

Rick Bennet at U Arizona has run a really cool “Accessible Earth” field camp.  They are using new technology (e.g. remote sensing analysis, computational exercises) as well as taking advantage of a spectacular geologic setting. The camp ran for the first time last summer in Orvieto, Italy (I know, right!) and he is planning to run it again next summer.

Here is a news article about the camp
https://uanews.arizona.edu/story/ua-creates-accessible-study-abroad-geosciences-course
and a web page  https://global.arizona.edu/study-abroad/program/accessible-earth

Rick, who is cc’ed to this email, should be able to point you even more information.

best,
-Michele

Michele Cooke
Geosciences Dept