Hi all,

You may be aware of recent press coverage about the under-representation of white working class males within higher education (https://www.lkmco.org/white-working-class-boys-higher-education-widening-participation/) . In December we have a CPD conference for the widening participation and outreach staff across 6 different universities and we would like to have a workshop/ talk on how to engage under-represented groups in activities. I was wondering whether any colleagues within the museum education sector had any experience of trying to engage an under-represented group to their institution or even if you could recommend a speaker who you have seen talking on this subject.

Many thanks

Claire

Claire O’Neill

Widening Participation Project Leader

UK Student Recruitment and Outreach

Room 4113, Level 4

George Thomas Building (Building 37)

University of Southampton
Highfield
Southampton
SO17 1BJ

Tel: 023 8059 8790

Fax: 023 8059 8784

Web: www.southampton.ac.uk/schoolsandcolleges

Please note my working days are Wednesday morning, Thursday and Friday