I couldn’t agree with you more Jo and well said.

We are often one-person-shows and it’s great to be able to hear from someone on this list when you’re in the midst of lone planning (and maybe feeling lonely with it!)

All the best for these activities, I hope they are great fun for all!

Eleanor

From: List for discussion of issues in museum education in the UK. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Willis, Josephine
Sent: 23 September 2016 13:08
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: ideas for Easter

First of all I would like to thank those of the GEM community who have so far been generous enough to share their past ideas and kind offers of coming along to see what they have produced as freelancers etc.

I would also like to clarify that Amanda Philipson is very close to the truth of the matter.  As part of my position (in effect team leader) it is my responsibility to research and develop the ideas for interpretation of events, schools, family learning etc. Only once I have a plan approved by the Manager are other interpretation staff then drawn in to assist with delivery, and research & development if they are interested (it is not technically part of their role).

I approached the wonderful folk of the GEM group as I have always found almost everyone willing to share their advice, expertise and experience in the past, and I always try to do the same whenever I can – this is a crucial part of what I consider to be the value of GEM.

Jo Willis (MA. BA Hons.)

Interpretation & Learning Co-Ordinator

Museums Worcestershire

The Commandery, Sidbury, Worcester, WR1 2HU

Tel: 01905 361821

Email: [log in to unmask]