Hi,

I want to extract grey matter values from the same parcellation scheme I have used to extract resting state time series. I am working with a labelled mask with 375 parcels.

I have first flirted my BET'd structural scans into standard space, then run the following command on them:

fslmeants -i struc.nii.gz --label=Parcels_combo_1mm.nii.gz. -o results_file --transpose

The results file is created correctly with 375 discrete entries, but the values of each entry seem large and range from 1000-6000. In my previous experience using fslmeants to calculate volumes I remember the output being an average grey matter intensity in an ROI which could then be multiplied by the total volume of the ROI (I have only used binarised masks for a single ROI in the past).

So I was unsure if the output I have from the fslmeants command may be correct, or if there is a different procedure I should be following to  accommodate the labelled mask I am using.

Many thanks,
Claire