From: FSL - FMRIB's Software Library [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jesper Andersson
Sent: maandag 12 september 2016 15:05
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [FSL] Registration of FLAIR with FA

Dear Joel,

> I would like to register a patient's FLAIR data with that same patient's FA data.
> Is this possible and if so, is there a standard way to do this ? (i.e. do I use FLIRT or FNIRT?

when registering within-subject-between-modailty we generally recommend FLIRT.

> What cost function do I use?

For FLAIR to FA I think mutualinfo or normmi are your best bets. You should also BET your flair images first.

> Do I use cost weighting for white matter hyperintensities in the FLAIR data?

If these are small and localised I suspect it won't make a big difference. Though it can of course never do any harm to.

> Do I use the FA configuration file for FNIRT?)

Always use a config file with FNIRT, but not in this case since you are using FLIRT.

Jesper