Hi - with b=1k and b=2k, you should have significant kurtosis, and therefore you will get different-looking tensors (different MD but also FA), though these will be shifted and highly correlated. Fitting a single tensor to both data will give something in between and the data fitting won’t be that good in most of the brain tissue.

Cheers,
Saad.