For completeness since the same question was cross-posted here, there are
now two examples in the wiki about CIFTI: https://fsl.fmrib.ox.ac.uk/
fsl/fslwiki/PALM/Examples

Example 9 is for simple statistics on brainordinates (no spatial
statistics) and Example 10 is for TFCE and cluster-level inference.