HTA : Policy and Principles
September - December 2016

A new online CPD course is being offered by HEHTA from September 2016.  ‘HTA: Policy and Principles' is currently run as a course on our MSc in HTA programme, and from 19th September to 2nd December 2016 it will also be run as a non-accredited CPD course.

This course aims to provide students with a critical awareness of the broader policy context into which health technology assessment is located as well as a critical understanding of the theoretical underpinnings, principles and techniques of health technology assessment.

The course is structured as follows:

Week 1  What is HTA?
Week 2  How is new evidence about technologies obtained (primary research)? a) quantitative evidence
Week 3  How is new evidence about technologies obtained (primary research)? b) qualitative evidence
Week 4  How to review and synthesise evidence
Week 5  Database searching for existing evidence
Week 6  Outcome measures in HTA
Week 7  Frameworks for decision making
Week 8  Critical appraisal of evidence for HTA
Week 9  Dissemination and impact of HTA
Week 10 Social, ethical and legal aspects of HTA
you to benefit from the outstanding educational experience that we are renowned for -without having to relocate to our campus.
You do not need to have experience of studying online as you will be guided through how to access and use all of our online resources.
Virtual learning
You will connect with your fellow participants and tutors through our virtual learning environment where you will have access to a multitude of learning resources including:
Supported
Great emphasis is placed on making sure you feel well supported in your learning and that you have good interactions with everyone on the programme.  Support is available in a number of ways and you will find out more about this during orientation.
All you need to participate in our online programmes is a computer and internet access.
Full details and information on how to apply for this course can be found here

If you have any questions, please contact us at [log in to unmask]

Caroline Cecil
Administrative Assistant
Health Economics & Health Technology Assessment
Institute of Health & Wellbeing
1 Lilybank Gardens
Glasgow  G12 8RZ
Hours: 0900 - 1630 Tuesday to Thursday
Tel: 0141 330 5292
www.gla.ac.uk/hehta
@HEHTAGlasgow
The University of Glasgow is a registered charity, number SC004401