You are warmly invited to join us for this year’s Museums Computer Group Conference, which will be held on 19 October at the Wellcome Collection - http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/meetings/museumstech-2016/.

The Museums Computer Group (MCG) brings together digital practitioners from the museums, heritage and cultural sectors in the UK to share knowledge and experience and build our collective expertise as a sector. Led by professionals working within the sector, the group was formed in 1982 and has 25 years of experience delivering excellent, agenda-setting events and steering the conversation around best practice and innovation.

The MCG’s annual conference has been rebranded this year as the ‘Museums+Tech’ conference and will be better than ever with two inspirational keynotes, 10 informative presentations and more, plus plenty of opportunities to network and share your own ideas and challenges.

We are also delighted to announce two fantastic keynotes, one from designer Sebastian Deterding on designing for curiosity, and a closing keynote from Shelley Bernstein, now Chief Experience Officer at the Barnes Foundation, on steering the strategic direction of an organisation when the train is already powering down the tracks. This is a rare opportunity to hear both of these terrific speakers live in London.

Themes explored will include public engagement, teaching with collections, service design, collections discovery and strategic leadership, all with a digital twist - there is something for everyone working in the museums, culture and heritage space.

MCG conferences are renowned for their friendly welcome, so naturally we’ll finish the day with a chance to debrief over drinks and nibbles in a magical location - details to be shared soon!

The full programme is now available on the MCG website: http://museumscomputergroup.org.uk/meetings/museumstech-2016/.

Early Bird discounts are still available until 19 September, so book now to join us for this stimulating day! Book via Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/mcgs-museumstech-2016-sharing-our-stories-tickets-26558279529?ref=ebtnebtckt

Jessica Suess

Digital Partnership Manager

Oxford University Museums

01865 613783 | 07768150465 | @JessicaSuess

http://www.oxfordaspiremuseums.org/

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + DLNET list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] For information about joining, leaving and suspending mail (eg during a holiday) see the list website at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=DLNET + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +