Dear All

An advertisement for two Post-doctoral Research Fellow positions has just been posted on the Edith Cowan University Jobs website.

POST-DOCTORAL RESEARCH FELLOW (LEVEL B) – 2 POSITIONS
SCHOOL OF ARTS AND HUMANITIES
MOUNT LAWLEY, JOONDALUP AND/OR BUNBURY CAMPUSES
$95,979 TO $113,978 PA (LEVEL B)
3 YEAR, FULL-TIME, FIXED TERM CONTRACT

INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS WELCOME

Direct link: Post-Doctoral Research Fellow (2 positions)

We are hoping that one of the two appointments will be for our project: Including the Excluded? The impact of the National Disability Insurance Scheme on social inclusion in regional and metropolitan Western Australia (see project information below).

Our research team spans Edith Cowan University’s campuses in both Bunbury and Perth and the successful candidate for the fellowship will have the option to be based in either city.

Applications close on 2 October 2016 at 9:30pm (WAST).

This is an important opportunity for an experienced researcher who already has a PhD to undertake full-time research for three years.

Please forward to anyone you think might be interested and please also circulate to your networks.

Thanks

Kathy

Project Title:

Including the Excluded? The impact of the National Disability Insurance Scheme on social inclusion in regional and metropolitan Western Australia.

Project Leader:

Professor Kathy Boxall ([log in to unmask])

Project Team:

Professor Kathy Boxall, Associate Professor Trudi Cooper, Dr Ann-Claire Larsen, Dr Marilyn Palmer, Dr Hossein Adibi and Dr Kwadwo Adusei-Asante

Project Description:

The National Disability Strategy consultation revealed the widespread exclusion and isolation faced by people with disabilities: “Australian society does not welcome people with disabilities – They find themselves shut out of our way of life’’.  People with disabilities may also experience a range of other dimensions of social exclusion, including poverty, disadvantage in the labour market and discrimination based on race, age, gender, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, religion or belief. The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS), which is being rolled out across Australia from July 2016 will provide personalised funding to enable people with disabilities to purchase the individually tailored supports they need to live ordinary mainstream lives, including support for involvement in their local communities.

We have drawn together a research team that includes experienced researchers, as well as mid-and early career researchers from the ECU School of Arts and Humanities. Between us, we can offer expertise in disability research, social policy, social work, international developments in individualised funding, transition to adulthood, human rights, cultural diversity, gender, sexuality and legal and ethical issues. This team will support the postdoctoral research fellow to explore social exclusion and inclusion in the lives of people with disabilities in regional and metropolitan Western Australia.

Working collaboratively with the organisation People with Disabilities, WA (PWDWA), the proposed postdoctoral research will seek to understand:

·       the intersecting dimensions of social exclusion in the lives of adults with disabilities in Perth and Bunbury, Western Australia.

·       the impact of the roll out of the NDIS on adults with disabilities’ inclusion in their local communities in Perth and Bunbury, Western Australia.

Our research team spans Edith Cowan University’s campuses in both Bunbury and Perth and the successful candidate for the fellowship will have the option to be based in either city.

Kathy Boxall – Professor of Social Work and Disability Studies

School of Arts and Humanities

Edith Cowan University – South West Campus

PO Box 1712 | 585 Robertson Drive | Bunbury WA 6230

Tel: +61 8 9780 7864 | Fax: +61 8 9780 7800

Email: [log in to unmask]

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient you must not disclose or use the information contained within. If you have received it in error please return it to the sender via reply e-mail and delete any record of it from your system. The information contained within is not the opinion of Edith Cowan University in general and the University accepts no liability for the accuracy of the information provided.

CRICOS IPC 00279B
RTO PROVIDER 4756